Wednesday, February 11, 2015

September

Found these pics on my phone.  They were taken in August but I didn't want to go back and edit my last post.  Connor is eating a snack and being silly.  He loves taking "selfies".  








Ok, now on to September.


The kids love jumping on the trampoline.  In September it's still cool enough outside to enjoy it.

On September 3rd, Connor started preschool!  We found a Montessori school in the area that a few other expat kids go to.  We, ok, I, was a little nervous about how he'd do, but he surprised me big time by how well he adjusted and how much he loves it.  We had some tears for the first 2 weeks, but now he carries his own back pack, gives me a hug and a kiss at the door, and if I'm lucky a wave before he's in the door and off with his friends.



This kid seriously loves silly face selfies....





On September 7th, Jon ran the Luanda Half Marathon.  I may or may not have been the one who originally signed up, but spending a summer traveling around a hot Texas does not lend well to training!  So Jon took my spot and went through the torture instead.

Good job Daddy!


Colson loves to play dress up.  Here she is a sassy fairy.



They love their daddy.


The kids love to practice 'lessons', which is what they call tennis.  A lot of people here take tennis lessons, so I guess that's where they got that from.  







Connor doing some actual lessons.

Some more pics of Connor playing...






Watching a movie with Daddy.

Power outages are a pretty frequent thing around here.  On this night, the power went out while I was washing Colson's hair. Our water is pumped to the house electrically, so when the power goes out so does the water.  So, Colson's hair got a really deep conditioning that evening.  Fortunately dinner was finished cooking when the power went out and we ate dinner by candlelight.  The kids thought it was cool.  Jon and I, not so much.  The power did come back on after a while and I was able to finish Colson's hair.  





This kid loves Daddy's Food.

What do you do with kids who love to take pictures of themselves?  Join in the fun!







Cutie Pie

I think she told me she was going to work here.


Ready to go in to school.  Such a big boy!

The kids are playing with some of the other kids from the compound.  The other kids are about the same ages as our kids.  Think Colson and Connor need to eat a bit more?!



One of their favorite nap spots.

Posing one morning before school.


Yes, Connor takes Colson to the bus in his pjs.  I would too if I could.

September was just another month in Angola.  The kids went to school, Jon went to work, and I did laundry.  You think you have a never ending mound of laundry - try keeping up when your washer and dryer are tiny and take forever, making it almost impossible to do more than 1 load a day!  Off to put in a load now....

-Amanda




No comments:

Post a Comment